Kaspersky™ Anti-Virus (KAV) provides all types of anti-virus protection: anti-virus scan-ners, monitors, behavior blockers and integrity checkers. It supports all of the most popular operating systems, e-mail gateways and firewalls. KAV controls all possible virus entry points. Kaspersky Lab's powerful and flexible local and network management tools for auto-mation and centralized installation and control over anti-virus protection provide maximum convenience and minimum time wasted when building your own structure of an anti-virus defense.
Kaspersky Ant-Virus Personal Pro provides full-scale protection with some additional protective components a behavior blocker and integrity checker; appropriate for experienced users seeking the best anti-virus protection.
- Anti-Virus Databases Auto-Updating Utility
- Control Center
- Mail Checker
- Script Checker
- Rescue Disk
- Report Viewer
Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal Pro was specially developed for advanced users seeking the most up-to-date anti-virus technologies. Kaspersky Labs implemented its most advanced technologies in this software product. Pro provides full-scale anti-virus protection for home computers running Windows 95/98/ME, Windows 2000/NT/XP operating systems, and Outlook, Outlook Express messaging programs. The software is powered by the most advanced technologies. Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal Pro is a unique set of anti-virus and security components, some of which were previously available only for corporate clients. Now all these anti-virus tools, offering a comprehensive level of security, are available for home use. A control center unites the components that allow users to defeat the vast majority of system threats. Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal Pro comes with, free of charge, one year of anti-virus upgrades and 24-hour technical support.
Since August 2004, Kaspersky Lab has been releasing antivirus database updates on an hourly basis.
Changes in version 5.0.676:
1. The ability to select real-time protection features to be installed has been added.
2. An error that occurred during copying files from public folders with real-time protection enabled on the remote computer and disabled on the local computer has been fixed.
3. Error that caused the blue screen of death during the scan of objects located on the network drives has been fixed.
4. Error that caused skipping password-protected RAR archives during a scan if the "Prompt for action when the scan is complete" option was selected and the "Do not prompt for password when scanning objects" box was unchecked, has been fixed.
5. Error of processing (scanning and adding to the exclusion list) files with filename ended with a space has been fixed.
6. Updating error that occurred during the replacement of the database in the updates source while a download from this source was in progress has been fixed.
7. Redundancy check error that occurred when scanning the root directory of the disk on which Kaspersky Anti-Virus is installed when running task "Scan at Kaspersky Anti-Virus launch" has been fixed.
8. Error of updating from UNIX ftp servers that require authorization has been fixed.
9. Error of updating from ftp servers for which relative path was specified has been fixed.
10. Error related to deletion of files from the root directory of the disk on which Kaspersky Anti-Virus is installed, that occurred when several instances of the application uninstall wizards were running at the same time, has been fixed.
11. Error, that cased skipping self-extracting ARJ archives within RAR archives during a scan, has been fixed.
12. Error that caused a Kaspersky Anti-Virus failure when scanning some additional file streams has been fixed.