Proactive System Password Recovery 126.96.36.1995 | 1.91 MB
|“||Proactive System Password Recovery (PSPR; former Advanced Windows Password Recovery) is a program to recover most types of Windows passwords:|
* Windows 95/98/ME logon password (when user is logged on)
* Windows NT4/2000 logon password (when user is logged on and has Admin privileges)
* Windows 95/98/ME/NT4/2000/XP/2003 auto logon password
* .NET Passport password
* SYSKEY startup passwords
* passwords stored in Domain Cached Credentials
* Wireless (WEP and WPA-PSK) encryption keys (if stored with WZC)
* Windows XP stored user passwords (multiple credentials)
* screensaver password
* RAS and dial-up passwords
* passwords to VPN (Virtual Private Network) connections
* passwords and access rights to shared resources
Other information that could be recovered by PSPR is LSA Secrets; the program also allows to run any programs in other user's context, show password histrory hashes, read and decrypt password hashes directly from Registry files (SAM and SYSTEM), perform brute-force and dictionary attacks on Windows 9x PWL files, backup Registry files and Active Directory database from local or remote computer, and decrypt product ID and CD key for Windows and Microsoft Office installations.
Please note that PSPR cannot recover Administrator's password if you have lost it and can log only with 'Guest', 'User' or 'Restricted User' privileges. Some other features also require 'Administrator' privileges; see help file for details.
Version 4.0 has the following new features (compared to Advanced Windows Password Recovery 3.5):
* optimized RC4, MD4, MD5, SHA algorithms: better recovery speed;
* Domain Cached Credentials password recovery;
* support for SYSKEY not stored on floppy disk or generated from startup password;
* manual recovery of CDKEY (from binary Registry files);
* extracting/decrypting CDKEY for all Microsoft products, not only Windows and Office;
* crypto APIs are not required to be installed in the system anymore (now built-in into the program);
* checking for Administrator privileges at startup, informing about possibility to escalate them;
* many other improvements and bug fixes.
Version 4.1 fixes a problem with empty RAS passwords, adds program password protection, extracts WEP and WPA-PSK encryption keys, and includes intelligent password recovery subsystem.