Kaspersky Ant-Virus Personal Pro provides full-scale protection with some additional protective components a behavior blocker and integrity checker; appropriate for experienced users seeking the best anti-virus protection.
- Anti-Virus Databases Auto-Updating Utility
- Control Center
- Mail Checker
- Script Checker
- Rescue Disk
- Report Viewer
Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal Pro was specially developed for advanced users seeking the most up-to-date anti-virus technologies. Kaspersky Labs implemented its most advanced technologies in this software product. Pro provides full-scale anti-virus protection for home computers running Windows 95/98/ME, Windows 2000/NT/XP operating systems, and Outlook, Outlook Express messaging programs. The software is powered by the most advanced technologies. Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal Pro is a unique set of anti-virus and security components, some of which were previously available only for corporate clients. Now all these anti-virus tools, offering a comprehensive level of security, are available for home use. A control center unites the components that allow users to defeat the vast majority of system threats. Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal Pro comes with, free of charge, one year of anti-virus upgrades and 24-hour technical support.
Since August 2004, Kaspersky Lab has been releasing antivirus database updates on an hourly basis.
Changes in Version 5.0.527:
1. A bug that decreased the speed of chm files scan has been fixed
2. Error that caused incorrect display of license key expiration date has been fixed
3. Error that caused system freeze when a sound scheme was described incorrectly has been fixed
4. Error that caused ignoring of exclusions for a task performed at system start has been fixed
5. Error detecting some viruses in the script monitoring component has been fixed
1. Anti-virus database update rollback option becomes possible only after the anti-virus database is updated twice
2. Incompatibility with OpenVPN
3. When the option "Automatically detect the proxy server settings" is checked, user name and password, saved in Microsoft Internet Explorer for authorization on a proxy-server, are not used.