Hard Disk Sentinel ver. 1.30
Hard Disk Sentinel is a hard disk monitoring application which can help identifying possible hard disk problems, performance degradations or (even more) hard disk failures. It can alert if a problem detected or if temperature is too high.
As hard disk sizes are constantly increasing, the data stored on them are more and more valuable for the user of the computer (and this is especially true for a company or office). Serious problems can occur upon a hard disk failure.
Hard Disk Sentinel can monitor hard disk status, including temperature and S.M.A.R.T. (Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology, built in most hard disks today) values for each hard disks. Also it measures the hard disk transfer speed in real time which can be used as a benchmark or to detect possible hard disk failures, performance degradations.
Hard Disk Sentinel can be used to prevent serious damage or data loss. It warns the user if there will be a problem occur and this gives opportunity to backup important and valuable data.
- added detection of SCSI disks, displaying their status, temperature and performance (EXPERIMENTAL)
- added option to display hard disk status and used space on default icons for each partitions
- improved acoustic configuration features, better compatibility with some hard disks
- RAID arrays are displayed (without SMART informations of disks in array)
- fixed problem with temperature display for hard disks if RAID array is installed
- fixed problem with disk performance display
- fixed problem with temperature icons
- fixed problem with disk space thresholds under Win98
- minor bug fixes
- improved condition calculation method for FUJITSU hard disks
- added controlling acoustic management for IDE hard disks
- added option to synchronize clock to atomic clock
- added option to disable automatic scandisk on Windows start
- added option to send mail/play sound/shut down when disk space is low
- it is possible to view temperature and condition of all hard disk drives in a single window
- added the above display on startup after splash screen
- added splash screen countdown
- added HELP to installation package (English and French)
- added default sound file for warnings
- SATA speeds are displayed correctly (150 or 300 MB/s)
- major UI fixes and improvementshttp://ultrashare.net/hosting/fl/46ae789a05/