CloneDVD mobile converts your DVD movies quickly and easily into a format that your mobile equipment (Sony PSP, Apple iPod Video, iAudio X5, Creative Labs ZEN Vision, etc) can play. You can also convert your DVDs to other file formats, such as DivX, XviD, AVI, MP4, etc. With CloneDVD mobile you can put your favourite movies or TV series on your mobile video equipment and watch them wherever and whenever you want. Let the kids watch their favourite cartoons in the car.
Incorporating the user-friendly interface of Elby's CloneDVD and the well-engineered open source project FFmpeg as the conversion engine makes CloneDVD mobile a fast, easy-to-use and quality product that is very reasonably priced. Copying a DVD to your mobile video machine is achieved in a few mouse clicks and without the need to rip it to your hard-disk. Note that copying protected DVDs also requires AnyDVD.
Features of CloneDVD Mobile:
* Convert movie DVDs to play on mobile video equipment like the Sony PSP, Apple iPod Video, iAudio X5, Creative Labs ZEN Vision, etc
* Convert movie DVDs to other file formats like DivX, XviD, AVI, MP4, etc.
* Utilises a high quality picture conversion engine
* Supports multi-angle movie DVDs
* Video Preview shows an overview of all selectable DVD titles
* Target size freely adjustable
* Supports chapter trimming
* Very easy to use: Our unique Filmstrip assistant will guide you step-by-step through all settings - easy for beginners
* Picture snapshots while converting
* Logging window available
* Stable, fast and does not require an ASPI driver
* An IBM-compatible personal computer with a minimum 1GHz Pentium-class microprocessor and 256 MB RAM
* Windows 2000/XP
Note: The FFMPEG binaries used by CloneDVD mobile are licensed under the GPL and are maintained by MobileHackerz. A copy of the source code for these binaries can be found here: http://www.nurs.or.jp/~calcium/3gpp/sources/
ffmpeg is installed as a standalone application in the "apps" directory in CloneDVDmobile's program directory. It can be used from the command prompt. More information about ffmpeg can be found here: http://ffmpeg.sourceforge.net/index.php
Changes in CloneDVD mobile Version 184.108.40.206, 2006 06 12:
- New: Changed MP4 and GP3 encoding from ffmpeg to mencoder. Requires changes to all profiles, make sure to check the new devices.ini file.
- New: Added support for the Nintendo "Play-Yan" cartridge for the Nintendo GameBoy Advance
- New: Added subtitle support for all MP4 and GP3 profiles, including Apple iPod and Sony PSP
- New: Improved picture quality
- New: Added profile for the Arcos AV320 (untested!)
- New: AVI files can now be created with libavformat (Archos AV320)
- New: The profile for the Sony PSP has been split into two - one for PSP firmware version 2.6 or better supporting better playback of progressive scan NTSC movies, and one for older firmware versions.
- New: Added "Please wait…" dialog while Apple iPod postprocessing is done
- Change: iPod postprocessing is now done, even if encoding is aborted. Handy if you want to check output quality by creating a short movie clip by clicking "Cancel" during encoding.
- Change: Increased Audio Bitrate for many profiles for better Audio Quality
- Fix: Audio Sync problems with MP4 and GP3 profiles
- Fix: Problems with interleaved VOBUs on some DVDs
- Many small fixes and improvements
- Updated languages