CDRoller v6.31.1 | Win32 |Size: 4.13 MB
Powerfull easy-to-use CD/DVD Recovery Toolset
* Effectively retrieves the data off the discs created by "drag and drop" CD/DVD writing software, such as well-known Roxio (Adaptec) and Ahead Nero software packages, CeQuadrat's PacketCD, Instant Write, B's CLiP and others.
* Recovers CD and DVD data created by standalone devices that record directly onto disks, including Sony Mavica digital cameras, Hitachi, Canon, Panasonic and Sony DVD camcorders, standalone DVD recorders, etc.
* Includes a built-in Video Splitter. Splits the recovered VOB or VRO files into a several clips (scenes), automatically converting a "raw" DVD-video into MPEG files without loss of quality. Specially tested on the discs, created by Hitachi DVD camcorders.
* "On-the-fly" unpacks the files initially compressed by Roxio (Adaptec) DirectCD.
* Retrieves back up files from the discs recorded in several stages (multisession discs).
* Includes a built-in UDF Reader. There is no need to install a third-party software, for example Roxio (Adaptec) UDF Reader driver.
* Finds and retrieves the lost files on UDF discs, including: accidently deleted files, files on quick-formatted disc, files on incorrectly closed disc, etc.
* Identifies the lost files on ISO/Joliet discs with the damaged file system (volume descriptors, path tables and directories), using the raw data only.
* Rescues the data from scratched, damaged or defective discs.
* Provides direct access to the hardware, bypassing the Windows File System. Looks for the lost tracks (sessions) every time when you insert a new disc into the drive
* Digitally extracts audio tracks into a wide set of wave formats.
* Tests CD/DVD readability.
* Extracts ISO Image file.
* Catalogs files and folders into CD/DVD library.
* All features are integrated into a common and easy-to-use intuitive shell.
What's new in the version 6?
* New friendly and extremely easy-to-use User Interface:
o Support of Windows XP Themes released.
o New Side Bar similar to Microsoft Outlook offers an intuitive list of commands depending on the current situation (disc type, file system, data recovery problems, etc.).
o Session Selector became more easy-to-use. All available sessions are visible in the main program window. Just tick a new item in the list of available sessions to select a new one.
o Now the program window contains a built-in adviser with a basic recommendations for the beginners.
* Data Recovery is significantly updated. Added Recover All, Recover Selected and Resume Recovery options. Key features:
o Saves recovered data into intermediate file. Further, a recovery of the selected file can be continued with the help of Resume Recovery option.
o Views the current results (details).
o Saves results (report) into HTML file.
o Changes a recovery settings, without leaving the process.
o Skips a file during the recovery process - if you decide a file isn't so important.
* Raw ISO Data Identifier is released. It gives you a good chance to find and retrieve the lost files from the discs with extremely damaged ISO 9660 file system, created by Ahead Nero Burning ROM, Adaptec (Roxio) Easy CD/DVD Creator, Sonic and other ISO/Joliet mastering software, including:
o CD and DVD discs with currently unreadable system area (so-called Primary and Secondary ISO Volume Descriptors, path tables and directories records). When trying to recognize these discs the first time, CDRoller generates 'Unknown file system…' error message.
o discs with the damaged and corrupted folders.
o UDF discs having ISO-alike files locations.
* "Forced scan" option of Scan UDF Disc is updated. Added support of CD-RW, DVD-RW, DVD+RW, CD-MRW, DVD-R, DVD+R and DVD-RAM discs created by Nero InCD v.4.3 and Roxio Drag-to-Disc 7 and 8.
* Improved DVD recovery on the discs created by standalone devices (DVD camcorders, personal DVD recorders). Added Recover DVD Video option based on Wizard Interface for the beginners.
* Added Split Video option. It splits the recovered VOB or VRO files into a several clips (scenes), automatically converting a "raw" DVD-video data into MPEG files without loss of quality. Specially tested on the discs, created by Hitachi camcorders. Now, there is no need to install another programs (so-called "splitters" or "encoders"). Just load MPEG files into your DVD mastering software and create a new DVD with recovered video.
CDRoller supports industry-standard ISO 9660 file system, including Microsoft's extensions for long file names support, so-called Joliet extensions. CDRoller also supports the discs formatted in UDF file system, including versions 1.02, 1.50, 2.0, 2.01 and also so-called UDF Bridge format.
Support of wide set of CD, CD-R, CD-RW and DVD formats such as:
* CD/DVD format CD-DA,
* CD/DVD format CD-ROM,
* CD/DVD format CD-WO,
* CD/DVD format CD-ROM XA and Mixed-Mode CD,
* CD/DVD format Stamped multisession CD,
* CD/DVD format CD-MRW ("Mt. Rainier" CD-RW),
* CD/DVD format DVD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW, DVD-RAM.
To run CDRoller, you need at least:
* Microsoft Windows 95/98/ME/2000/XP operating system,
* Intel Pentium or compatible CPU,
* 64 MB of RAM,
* 5 MB free hard disk space for program installation and some additional space for CD images,
* CD/DVD drive(s). The devices with IDE or SCSI interfaces are highly recommended under Windows 95/98/ME.