Becky! Internet Mail ver.29.00 | 2,3 MB
Becky! is a multi-featured E-mail client specialized for Windows and the Internet. Since its birth in 1996, we kept improving its functionalities listening to the users' feedback.
Becky! Internet Mail is an email client that creates multiple mailboxes. You will find many features which are expected for an Internet E-mail software, and some of them would be beyond your expectations.
- You can create multiple mailboxes, of course. Moreover, you can create multiple "profiles" for each mailbox. This feature is especially useful if you use laptop computer. You can switch between several different settings, like "LAN" and dialup, for the same mailbox.
- New protocols are supported – IMAP4rev1 for e-mail and LDAP for the address book.
- Fast! You can manage thousands of e-mail at your fingertip.
- You can write HTML e-mail with Becky!. If you have Microsoft Internet Explorer ver5 or higher installed, Becky! is a complete HTML enabled e-mail client.
- Flexible template capability. You can prepare standardized e-mail format for business and personal e-mail. You can also create HTML template, of course.
- With unique "Reminder" capability, you will receive e-mail from "you" on scheduled date. You can even schedule sending e-mail messages to someone else. You don't have to remember your friends' birthdays – Becky! does. :-)
- Powerful "Filtering Manager" – You can sort messages into folders according to the filtering rules. You can define unlimited and/or conditions for one filtering rule.
- "Mailing Lists Manager" helps you to organize multiple mailing list subscriptions. You don't have to search past e-mail just to find how to unsubscribe the list.
- "Plug-In" Interface enables third parties to create useful plug-ins to customize Becky! for your particular needs. Actually, Becky!'s voice message and PGP functionality are the plug-ins.
- etc. Of course, Ver.2 inherits Ver.1's numerous convenient features.
Changes : Ver.2.28.01 -> Ver.2.29 (2006/12/06):
- When address list is sorted in the address book, the tool tip will pop up on disabled Up/Down button, so users will know why they are disabled.
- Becky! now works with ipv6 server. (Haven't tested, but it should)
- The folder option "Move replied messages to this folder instead of Sent box." will also work with the messages sent by Reminder.
- In LDAP search, LDAP attributes for "Name" and "Mail Address" as well as "Note" will be configurable in the Address Book property dialog.
- When color labelled message is selected, the background color will be always used as the text color instead of the default text color.
- BUGFIX: Some regular expressions had wrong match. e.g.
"a.bc" matched "a.bbc" (wrong)
"a[^a]+ef" didn't match "abcedef" (wrong)
- BUGFIX: In Reminder folder, sorting on "Scheduled Date" did not work.
- BUGFIX: On Direct Edit mode, "Save As" command did not save changes.
- BUGFIX: When a folder was dropped on the folder, which has sub folders and was not expanded since the program was started, the filtering rule for the dropped folder was not carried to the new location.
- BUGFIX: Small icons for attachment files were not displayed in a proper small icons, but "shrunken" large icons.
- BUGFIX: An error message box on label editing on the tree view caused deadlock sometimes. To avoid that, the error message will be displayed on the status bar instead.
- BUGFIX: A message was not printed properly with "Meiryo" Japanese font in Windows Vista.