ArGoSoft Mail Server Pro with IMAP v188.8.131.52 | 9 Mb
ArGoSoft Mail Server is full SMTP/POP3/Finger/IMAP server for all Windows platforms, which will let you turn your computer into the email system. Even though, it is loaded with features, It is very compact, takes about 1-5 Mb of disk space (depending on the version), does not have any specific memory requirements, and what is the most important - it's very easy to use.
Currently, we have three different versions of Mail Server: freeware, Plus and Pro. If you want to quickly compare the versions, check out our comparison table.
Freeware version of mail server:
* Is completely transparent. Runs as a small icon on your system tray;
* Can be loaded with Windows startup;
* Supports unlimited accounts;
* Supports SMTP authentication. Useful to protect your mail server from unauthorized use;
* as we mentioned above, it is fully functional mail server: it relays the messages directly to Mail exchangers, bypassing your ISP.
* Has built-in web interface, which allows users to check mail using any web browser from anywhere in the World *.
Plus version of mail server:
* Does all of above;
* Has password protected Administration mode;
* Supports distribution lists;
* Supports auto responders;
* Supports basic filters;
* Unlimited message size (there is a limit of 5 Megs for freeware version);
* Can listen on single IP address, rather than all addresses available on your computer;
* Has built-in web server. It means, your mail server can be accessed from anywhere in the World, using any Web browser.
* Administrator can control the server, and do the maintenance of users;
* Users can access their accounts: read and send email, change their own settings;
* Web interface can be customized;
Pro version of mail server:
* Does all of above (Freeware + Plus versions);
* Supports IMAP (version with IMAP module, which has to be purchased separately);
* Has "true" support of multiple domains - you can create accounts with the same name, which belong to different domains;
* Supports multiple IP homes (virtual domains);
* Has built in mailing list server;
* Has WAP interface;
* Allows setup of domain administrators - users who can change domain related information via the Web interface;
* Filtering of mail according to IP addresses of server which attempts to relay mail to local users;
* Supports advanced anti-spam features:
o Trusted and banned IP addresses
o DNSBL - checking of IP addresses, listed in popular DNS based databases, such spamcop, ORDB, and so on;
o Sender Policy Framework (SPF);
o Sender address verification - validation with sender servers;
* Supports server extensions - plugins, created by users, which do custom mail processing;
* Web interface supports multiple folders.