With most of its crew missing and its weapons systems ruined the space research station Aegis is all but lost. As the last remaining pilot you must help rebuild the station’s defences, acquire alien technology and create your own uniquely configured set of fighters. By mining the asteroids within the grid dimension, valuable resources can be harvested to fuel the Aegis’s molecular furnace and build devastating weaponry. Within the nodes of the grid you will encounter allies to aid in the struggle to escape, uncover the terrible purpose of the evil Archnid race and learn why you and the rest of the crew were brought here.
Starscape is available as a free game download or you can buy the full version which contains a far bigger world to explore, more bosses, and more equipment.
* Beautifully rendered 32bit colour graphics
* Instant action mode for quick thrills
* See how long you can last in survival mode
* Thumping music sound track and sound effects
* Five different weapon technology threads to find and research, only the first is available in the demo
* Five different zones to explore, only the first is available in the demo and the rest are much much bigger
* Make alliances with friendly aliens and trade technology
* Direct and protect your space station as it fights alongside you
* Create your own “garage” of unique space fighters tailored to your own specifications
* Mine the asteroids, gather raw elements, research new technologies and build new items
* Recover the missing drive components and rescue your missing crewmates before escaping “The Grid”.
* Windows 95 (with OpenGL update) / 98 / 2000 / XP / ME
* DirectX 5 or later
* 110Mb hard disk space
* Intel Pentium II - 300MHz or equivalent minimum specification
* Hardware accelerator with 16 meg of onboard memory or better required.
* Needs latest OpenGL drivers
* 64Mb minimum memory
File Size: 13.70MB