QuarkXPress 8.5 Multilingual Portable
Posted By : Artist14 | Date : 28 Dec 2010 22:02:47 | Comments : 1 |
QuarkXPress 8.5 Multilingual Portable | 208 Mb
Inspired by the designer’s passion for perfection, QuarkXPress® 8 complements the way creative professionals work. Strive to do better and constantly improve - employ page-layout and design software developed to help get you there. Work faster and design more with fewer clicks using the modern, intuitive interface of QuarkXPress 8. Build on your existing expertise — share your print content across media with built-in Web and Flash® authoring tools. No additional purchase or coding required! Create stunning text and achieve the effects you want with designer-driven typography.
Modern, Intuitive Interface
New Picture and Pen Tools
Integrate images into your layout quickly and seamlessly with QuarkXPress® 8.
Intuitively place, scale, rotate, and offset images easily using the new Picture Content tool — no need to switch tools or enter numbers in a palette or dialog box. You can even see a visual preview as you crop an image!
Draw brand new illustrations directly in QuarkXPress 8 with the redefined Bézier Pen tool — just like you do in Illustrator® and other major graphics applications. Most importantly, you can focus on the task at hand because we’ve separated illustration tools from the tools you use for basic page-layout tasks.
At a glance
- Rotate and scale pictures directly with the new Picture Content tool, and preview cropping results as you work
- Grab box corners and rotate without switching to a different tool
- Draw with ease using new Bézier pen tools that follow graphics standards used by other professional creative applications
- Explore new text-to-box support for multiple lines, entire stories, and even multiple boxes, up to an entire spread
- When converting text to boxes, maintain the appearance of the text, including color, opacity, and most other text transformations
- Make the most of dedicated tools for layout and illustration tasks
Easy Page Layout with Drag and Drop
Little things make a big difference — we think you’ll love the way we handle drag and drop.
Design as quickly and fluidly as your ideas. When you move your text or picture content to the page, the box is automatically created — no need to pre-define boxes!
You can drag text and pictures from your desktop, Adobe® Bridge, iP®, or any other application that supports drag and drop, and your box is created for you. You can even drag picture boxes from QuarkXPress to your graphics application to customize your images.
At a glance
- Drag and drop from your desktop or other applications that support drag and drop, such as Adobe Bridge
- Drop a text file in the midst of existing text flow
- Drag and drop images from your layout to the editing application of your choice
- Work with or without pre-defined boxes
- Import any kind of content into any kind of box — no need to switch box content type
Streamlined Tools with Familiar Keyboard Controls
Picking the right tool for the job is easy in QuarkXPress 8.
We've streamlined and simplified our Tools palette, so the tools do more and it's easier to choose the right one. Even familiar tools like the Item and Content tools get major boosts. For example, you can rotate any box simply by grabbing its corner.
You’ll also enjoy single-key commands — consistent with familiar applications such as Photoshop® — to select tools, as well as keyboard modifiers for duplicating, scaling from center, and performing other common tasks.
By aligning with your other mission-critical tools, while keeping everything you love, QuarkXPress gives you the best of both worlds!
At a glance
- Use any box tool to draw a box without worrying about its content (an easy keyboard shortcut enables this for template creation)
- Select or switch tools using a single-letter command, or use traditional QuarkXPress keyboard shortcuts
- Double-click a box with the Item tool, and QuarkXPress automatically switches to the proper tool for the box type
- Grab a box corner to rotate without switching to another tool
- Scale from the center or duplicate with Option/Alt+drag
- Constrain an item’s proportions while resizing by pressing the Shift key
- Transform multiple boxes in one action without grouping
Design Across Media
Create richly designed layouts for print, Web, interactive, and digital publishing, all with the same tool — no coding required!
Design and Output Flash (SWF) Directly from QuarkXPress
Page-layout professionals can create rich Flash® projects — without compromising design — using the built-in Flash authoring capabilities included in every edition of QuarkXPress® 8.
Working in the same, familiar print environment of QuarkXPress 8, you can take existing print jobs to Flash, or create new Flash projects, in minutes — no additional purchase or coding required! Interactive design in QuarkXPress 8 includes support for all of the new typographic features, the improved illustration (pen) tool set, full integration with Item Styles and other features, and support for more than 30 languages, including East Asian scripts. No other page-layout application gives you such advanced design capabilities that you can apply directly and easily to Flash design!
At a glance
- Use built-in Flash (SWF) creation, conversion, and export — no additional purchase required
- Leverage your existing print design skills through a common, redefined interface and tool set
- Output Flash files that support high-end typography features
- Create SWF files in more than 30 languages, including East Asian languages
- Make the most of rich design features including transparency, image manipulation effects, and robust illustration tools
Synchronise Content Across Print, Web, Flash, and other Digital Design
Take the headache out of designing across media — rich design across media is made possible — and available — only in QuarkXPress!
Not only does QuarkXPress let you create designer-friendly HTML, Flash, and rich, interactive digital content, it helps you maintain design consistency across media through Item Styles and the unique Shared Content feature. They keep your headlines, body copy, images, and even vector art the same across multiple layouts and media types with no need for manual updates. You can also place a live, Interactive layout into a Web layout, designing the Flash elements and the rest of the page at the same time, in the same application. Then, with a single click, you can export the layouts into HTML or SWF format, or export for the Blio e-reader and online bookstore!
At a glance
- Place Interactive layouts into Web layouts with live updates, and share them among multiple designers using Composition Zones®
- Design once and use the content in multiple places with Shared Content
- Use Shared Content in a single layout and across multiple layouts, even in different media types
Flash for Everyone
Thanks to QuarkXPress 8, the dynamic medium of Flash is no longer restricted to highly trained programmers. Even better, because every edition of QuarkXPress 8 includes built-in Flash authoring, it’s the only page-layout application that gives you the ability to create rich Flash projects easily, and without having to buy or use a separate application. No more juggling or learning multiple applications — just another example of innovation you expect from superior page-layout and design software.
Whether you're a freelancer aiming to provide a complete service to your clients for print, Web, and interactive design, or a business that wants to get the most design power out of your creative professionals, Web and Interactive layouts in QuarkXPress 8 let anyone design across media. It’s fast, easy, and cost-effective.
QuarkXPress 8 follows a familiar, page-based model rather than a complex timeline, so you can build rich, fully interactive communications that include animation, video, and more — using the same application you already know. If you’ve ever struggled to master Flash creation — or avoided it altogether — you’ll be amazed by how quickly you can create rich, attractive, and compelling interactive content with QuarkXPress 8!
At a glance
- Take an easy path to producing powerful, interactive communications with our page-based — not time-based — model
- Apply more than one hundred predefined actions, easily customizing anything you can place on a page
- Integrate video and audio into your designs
- Create animation and buttons with ease
- Build interactivity through simple pop-up menus and fields
Digital Design with QuarkXPress
With QuarkXPress, you can use the same software you use to design for print to create rich, interactive content for the Blio e-reader.
QuarkXPress will soon enable designers to enhance a print publication by overlaying interactive content on top of any text box or image. Interactive content can include multimedia components such as video clips, slide shows, Web pages, and Web–based assets (such as audio and video).
Designers will also be able to create their own animations for the Blio e-reader using QuarkXPress's built–in Interactive feature. Thanks to this feature's easy–to–use interface, no programming is required, which puts designers fully in control.
Through the “Export to Blio” function, QuarkXPress users will be able to generate a Blio–compatible file, which content creators will be able to distribute through Baker & Taylor's worldwide network.
Create Stunning Text and Achieve the Effects you Want with Hanging Characters
QuarkXPress® 8 offers easy-to-use, precise, and fully customizable control for hanging characters. You can control the look of your text margin alignment by quickly applying preloaded settings for Hanging Punctuation and Punctuation Margin Alignment. And only QuarkXPress 8 offers the ability to apply your settings at the paragraph level, so settings don’t have to apply to an entire story. You can even include the hanging characters setting as part of a style sheet.
But our settings are just the beginning. You can build your own settings to precisely define the hang of any character you choose, including drop caps, to create the design effects that work for you.
At a glance
- Use Hanging Punctuation and punctuation margin alignment presets to achieve smooth-looking margins with little effort
- Customize settings to fit the exact needs of a specific design, font, or even character
- Define hanging character settings down to the paragraph level
- Integrate hanging character effects in style sheets
Design Grids/Advanced Baseline Grids
Design Grids give you the power to organize the design of your text, offering unprecedented control over your baseline grid settings, the ability to apply unique grid settings to individual boxes, and a Grid Styles feature that can keep even complex documents consistent.
Move beyond the restrictions of a document-wide baseline grid and enjoy the ability to easily create grids based on existing style sheets, snap one grid to another, and even resize your grid based on how many lines of text you need to fit in a box.
At a glance
- Apply a unique grid to each master page or even to each box
- Build a grid based on existing text styling automatically
- Apply Grid Styles to achieve quick and easy consistency
- Link to page or box grid on a paragraph-by-paragraph basis
- Create a master page grid automatically based on your intended line count
- Link a Grid Style to a style sheet for automatic grid updates
- Define baselines, centerlines, toplines, and bottomlines either manually or by reading settings from fonts
- Specify different view settings for page and box grids
- Drag boxes by their grids to snap two baselines into alignment
- Lock Margins
- Create custom hanging character classes, including settings for left side, right side, and when used as drop caps
Unicode and OpenType Support
Developed for global publishing, QuarkXPress 8 supports the OpenType® font standard and Unicode® encodings that let you work with a massive range of special characters. Every edition of QuarkXPress 8 can handle East Asian, Roman, Cyrillic, and other character types with new font menus that preview your chosen font as well as an enhanced Glyph's palette to help you find just the character you need. QuarkXPress 8 also supports more than 20 new OpenType features for East Asian scripts, leveraging the power of this font standard to create pro-quality typography.
At a glance
- Find glyphs by character or by Unicode number in the Glyphs palette
- Pick the perfect font from WYSIWYG Font menus
- Choose from more than 20 new OpenType features for East Asian scripts
Work Faster and Smarter
Working together with other design applications has never been easier!
QuarkXPress® 8 adds native Illustrator® file import, standardized tools, and Adobe® Bridge integration to existing designer-friendly Photoshop® integration.
You can import or drag and drop an Illustrator file directly to your page. Better still, use our redefined illustration tool set to draw like you do in Illustrator and other major graphics applications, making illustration changes where it matters most — in the context of your layout.
Importing Photoshop files is just the beginning — QuarkXPress is also the only page-layout application that gives designers control of creative features such as layer transparency, blend modes, and spot color channels right on the page.
At a glance
- Place Illustrator (.ai) files directly in your layout with native Illustrator file import
- Gain control with support for layer visibility and unique support for layer transparency and blend modes
- Apply or edit the color assigned to a channel, so spot colors become easy to use in a PSD file
- Choose your platform, choose your system — QuarkXPress 8 supports Mac OS® 10.4 and Mac OS 10.5 as a Universal application,
- Windows Vista®, and Windows® XP
Design Using Dictionaries and Hyphenation in More Than 30 Languages
Whether you’re designing multi-lingual documents or repurposing a document from another part of the world, QuarkXPress® 8 offers global publishing capabilities and support for more than 30 languages in every edition.
Virtually anywhere in the world your workflow extends, the new global file format, hyphenation, and spelling capabilities of QuarkXPress 8 mean that you can be sure your team works together seamlessly. What’s more, you can even open, edit, style, and output East Asian documents without worries. QuarkXPress also includes multiple-language user interfaces* that can be switched at will, letting your team members work in the language they choose.
*A hot-swappable user interface is provided for all available QuarkXPress 8 UI languages, in all Plus editions, and selectively in other editions.
At a glance
- Set type and check spelling in more than 30 languages
- Avoid file compatibility issues with the new global file format, supported by all language editions of QuarkXPress 8
Define High-fidelity East Asian Layouts and Typography
QuarkXPress 8 is our biggest upgrade ever for East Asian publishing! All QuarkXPress 8 users around the world can communicate in the dynamic markets of East Asia with support for Traditional and Simplified Chinese, Japanese, and Korean. Users of any — yes any — edition of QuarkXPress 8 can open, edit, style, and output East Asian documents and maintain attributes without worries.
And it gets better. Owners of the QuarkXPress 8 Plus Edition can set up dozens of enhanced East Asian settings, including more than 20 additional OpenType® font features and a user-friendly advanced character spacing (or “Mojigumi”) feature. Moreover, QuarkXPress 8 Design Grids support true ideographic grids with character count and advanced alignment options.
Bottom line — QuarkXPress moves to the head of the pack for easy-to-use, professional-grade Asian typography.
At a glance
- Correctly handles Japan’s JIS 78, 83, 90, 2002 encodings
- Correctly handles China’s GB 18030-2000 certification
- Use advanced East Asian type features in any language edition through style sheets and grid styles
- Set up and apply these features and create styles for other users in the QuarkXPress 8 Plus Edition
- Use both horizontal and vertical grids
- Control character count with grids
- Take advantage of the powerful, easy-to-use character spacing (Mojigumi) feature
- Design unique typographic layouts using East Asian Hanging Character enhancements
- Choose from nine kinds of emphasis marks
- Turn off sending for western characters
- Reverse the ruler direction and draw boxes from right to left
- Balance text visually with ideographic character face alignment support
- Apply dynamic ligatures and more than 20 other OpenType features
Creative Suite Integration
Today, QuarkXPress® 8 has tighter integration with Photoshop® and Illustrator® than ever before, and through standards like HTML and CSS, QuarkXPress users can publish across media both independently and alongside Adobe® Creative Suite® applications like Adobe Flash® (SWF) and Adobe Dreamweaver®.
QuarkXPress 8 and Adobe Photoshop
QuarkXPress 8 is considered by many to have the best integration with Photoshop’s PSD file format of any layout tool available today. In this section we’ll explain when you should use the PSD format for your images and how to get the most out of them.
For example, you may have multiple layers in your PSD with different product shots, which will vary from publication to publication. If you use PSD, you can switch those layers on or off in QuarkXPress without having to save a separate TIFF for each publication.
Another question that might tip you in favor of PSD is, "Do I need to use a spot color with this image?" Using spot colors in most image formats is often complicated. However, because of the way QuarkXPress supports PSD channels, it’s simpler and more flexible.
Using PSD Files
Bringing the PSD files into QuarkXPress is the same as any other image. Create a Box and then use File > Import... or simply drag and drop the image from your desktop, Finder or an application like Adobe Bridge® with or without creating a box first.
To access the special features of PSD, open the PSD Import palette. (Window > PSD Import) You’ll instantly see thumbnails of the layers along with their names.
For example, you’ve created a layer in Photoshop to give your image an antiqued look, but when you put it in your layout it seems swamped by the surrounding colors. One option might be to reduce the opacity of that layer by clicking on it and entering a new opacity level. Another approach might be to try out a more subtle blending mode like "Soft Light." The beauty is that you see all of these changes right in the context of your page, and you’re not changing the original file. After all, who knows how the effect would look in a totally different layout.
If you want to add an extra ink or plate to your images, you can set up a channel to do that in Photoshop. For example, maybe you intend to varnish part of an image, or you want to use a spot color within your image.
QuarkXPress can remap any channel right in the PSD Import palette — nondestructively. So click on the channels divider of the PSD Import Palette; double click on the channel in question, and you can pick any color from your project’s color palette, ensuring consistency.
As powerful as the PSD support of QuarkXPress 8 is, it can’t manipulate certain kinds of layers, such as layer effects [e.g. Glow, Pattern Overlay, etc.].
If you use one of these layers, the image will import and print just fine, but you won’t get access to the layer controls of the PSD Import palette. If you need that functionality, you can eliminate those kinds of layers from your PSD by converting the layer effects to stand-alone layers or ‘smart objects’ [right click on the Layer in the Photoshop layers palette].
QuarkXPress supports text layers, most adjustment layers, and even 3D layers including opacity and blending mode controls.
QuarkXPress and Adobe Illustrator
Illustrator is a great tool for creating logos and vector illustrations. Traditionally, the route into QuarkXPress has been to export an EPS from Illustrator. Now, things are made much easier with the arrival of direct Illustrator .ai file import into QuarkXPress 8. Simply drag and drop or import your Illustrator native file into your layout just as you would any graphics file format.
QuarkXPress has a powerful transparency engine, but it doesn’t support partially transparent objects in PDF or .ai files yet. So if you are using something like a drop shadow in Illustrator and plan to place that over a non-white background or object, you might see undesirable results.
The good news is that the drop shadow and transparency features of QuarkXPress works on imported Illustrator files, so you can apply a drop shadow or change the opacity of your .ai file right in your layout instead.
QuarkXPress Vector Tools
QuarkXPress is well equipped for drawing tasks and in our newest release we have standardized many of our graphics tools to work more like Illustrator, Freehand® and similar tools.
QuarkXPress 8 and Flash
Page-layout professionals can create rich Flash projects — without compromising design — using the built–in Flash authoring capabilities included in every edition of QuarkXPress 8. Working in the same familiar print environment of QuarkXPress 8, you can take existing print jobs to Flash, or create new Flash projects, in minutes — no additional purchase or coding required!
Other Points of Integration
- QuarkXPress includes Web layouts that can create menus and hyperlinks, convert print graphics or fancy text treatments to Web graphics, and then write a standards-based HTML file with CSS that can be opened directly in Adobe Dreamweaver.
- QuarkXPress 8 can import PDF files up to version 1.7 (the default PDF version from the Creative Suite applications when using the Press Quality PDF setting is PDF 1.4.)
No mirrors please
Welcome to my blog!
|ADVERTISING »||Free Fast Download!||« ADVERTISING|