Simply Java: An Introduction to Java Programming (Programming Series)
Charles River Media | September 8 2005 | 394 pages | English | ISBN : 1584504269,1584504269 | PDF | 3.6MB
For novice programmers, finding an interesting, practical Java programming reference that doesn’t overwhelm them with details and complexity is difficult. Simply Java: An Introduction to Java Programming is an easy-to-follow textbook that guides the beginning programmer step-by-step through the process of learning Java. The main obstacle to learning object-oriented programming is the volume of interdependent detail that needs to be learned before even the simplest program can be created. Using a spiral approach, this text eliminates extraneous details early on and stresses object concepts that will provide a basis for students to become expert programmers. Classes, objects, and working programs are introduced at the outset, and programming is presented as extended problem solving, making it easier to understand. Class design and graphical user interfaces are introduced early, but most of the detail is postponed until after the student has a better grasp of objects, classes, and inheritance. Simply Java: An Introduction to Java Programming is the perfect text for anyone new to Java who wants a comprehensive, easy-to-comprehend reference.
* Teaches object-oriented design and problem solving using Java in an easy-to-follow style
* Uses a spiral approach that postpones most of the detail until after the student has a firm grasp of objects, classes, and inheritance, making it possible to present more interesting and complex examples
* Covers key areas such as class design and implementation (including inheritance), graphics and animation, GUIs, methods, object design, software reuse, conditional and iterative statements, strings, simulation, and data structures
* Provides review questions and programming exercises for each chapter
* Includes a companion CD-ROM with the NetBeans™ IDE 4.1, J2SE 5.0, and all the source code and figures from the book
On the CD!
* NETBEANS™ IDE 4.1 - A full-featured integrated environment for Java application development
* SUN JAVA™ 2 PLATFORM STANDARD EDITION DEVELOPMENT KIT (J2SE™) 5.0 - A complete environment for application development on desktops and servers and for deployment in embedded environments
* CODE - Contains all the code from examples in the book by chapter
* FIGURES - Includes all of the figures from the book by chapter
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS WIN: Microsoft Windows XP Professional (SP2) or Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional (SP3); 512 MB of RAM minimum, 1 GB recommended; 1 GB disk space; Pentium III workstation, 500 MHz; MAC: Mac OS X 10.3; PowerPC G4 Processor minimum, Power- PC G5 Processor recommended; 512 MB RAM minimum, 1 GB RAM recommended; 125 MB of free disk space.